Monday, May 08, 2006

castingWords.com - Podcast Transcript Search and Transcription Service

Get your podcasts transcribed? Why not? You can get your favorite radio talkshow or TV episode transcribed so why not a podcast. I stumbled across this site and the more I thought about the more I could see how people would want this. Everyone has a podcast these days. If you have a blog the podcast will come with it. I think the price is a bit high for a transcript, but I am sure people are using the service. Check out the service below. Do you think it is a good idea?

Read more at castingwords.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike- yes yes yes and guess what this is probably going to be a huge distribution medium for podcast transcripts. A couple of thoughts- information aggregators can take the podcast text- index it add metadata and allow a whole other audience to 'digest' that content pointing back to the audio at specific sections (sliced). Also- i listen to a lot of podcasts and i can't tell you how many time i want to make a reference to something i heard and it is such a hassle to listen to the media file on my iPod moving around to find the exact spot! And then i have to send a reference to someone- listen at minute bla bla bla- and then they have to download the WHOLE thing to listen to the two sentences i suggested- wouldn't it better to send them a transcript highlighting the point i want them to get to with a link to the full audio file? I will send you a sample of what i am talking because i recent sent out a note that points to a podcast transcript with audio link to.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem when listening to my ipod. It is hard to move the ipod to the part of the podcast you want to hear. Then when I do eventually find it I write down what I want to remember in a small notebook I carry in my pocket. How backwards is that? Since podcasts are mostly free the transcripts should be free as well. You should be able to search from any search engine to find links to web sites, blogs, podcasts, transcripts, newsgroups all from one search. I know mention aggregators will be doing this eventually and I sure you are right. I just hope it is not they charge for.