Monday, April 16, 2007

Google will sell ads on Clear Channel - USATODAY.com



Google will sell ads on Clear Channel - USATODAY.com



I love Google as much as the next geek, but do I need to hear radio ads from them on the FM dial? Thank goodness I mostly listen to podcasts and XM Radio! Where does the Google empire end? Or the better question is when will the Google empire end?



From the article it states - Clear Channel said it has agreed for Google to sell a guaranteed
portion of the 30-second spots available on its 675 radio stations in
top U.S. markets, in a bid to expand the universe of local radio
advertisers to Google's online buyers.



I realize Google is branching out into other media outlets. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Google Channel on our Cable and Dish providers. As I said I am a fan of Google, but when is it enough? What about working on enhancing my Internet experience. Google can work on the My Google page. Their are others that handle RSS feeds much better like Yahoo and Vibe. Although Yahoo hasn't change the page in years. What about changing the UI in gmail. I really don't like it. I do like the amount of space you get, but the interface is clunky to me. I moved my email back to Yahoo. I like the Outlook look and feel much better.



Ok now I am off my soap box. Remember to make good decisions!



Mike





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: