Sunday, July 02, 2006

Was the Wicked Witch really Wicked?


Until Thursday I thought so. I went to see Wicked the Musical. I went to the show knowing very little about the music and the story. The only thing I knew is that the story took place before the little girl from Kansas landed her house in Oz. The first and remaining thought that has been stuck in my head since I saw the show is that their is always more then one way to look at almost anything. Seems cliche I know, but the show really explains the motives behind the actions of the Wicked Witch of the West. I don't want to give to much away for those of you who have not read the book or seen the show. If you do won't to learn more I recommend these sites. The official site at http://www.wickedthemusical.com/ and also the Wiki on Wicked found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_(musical).

I have been on vacation this week and didn't do much. The plan was small family adventures as money is tight. Jessica and I went crabbing a few times at the shore. She really loves it. The second time we went we caught 18 crabs. They were nice size crabs around 5-6 inches long. Also thanks to my buddy Frank we got invited to the party deck at the LakeWood Blueclaws. The BlueClaws are the single A minor league team of the Philadelphia Phillies. If you have not been to a minor league game it is plenty fun. General admisson tickets are around $5.00 and always a good seat in the house.

We also went to Great Adventure. I am not a big fan of GA. It is over crowded and the people can be interesting at times. They do have a great selection of kids rides. So I guess I shouldn't complain since Jess loves it and GA is only 10 minutes away.

I have great news about Rachel. She has officially began walking! I call it the Frankenstein walk. She holds her hands out in front as she walks. I can't believe how time just goes by. It seems like just recently she was born. Well I am off from work until Tuesday then back on Wednesday. Vacations are always way to short.

Mike Wish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»