Monday, October 01, 2007

An Update on Michael

The job hunt has started to pick up. The months of July and August were pretty much dead. In the month of September I have received some interest in possible opportunities. I am hoping something comes through soon. I am firm believer that things happen for a reason. The time at home has allowed me to spend a lot of time with the girls. It really does so much for my soul to spend quality time with them. I have been able to walk with Jessie from the bus stop and talk about her day at school. I have also been able to spend time with Rachel. The best part is taking her for a car ride in the afternoon until she falls asleep. Her favorite CD is MAMA MIA on Broadway. She is usually out by track three.

So as much as I have love spending time at home I would like to get back into the work place. On Friday I tried a new service called Resume Rabbit. For the low low price of $49.95 the service will automatically post my resume to over 50 sites. Below are the sites I am posted at. I am also doing my best to be creative with social networking sites like Linkedin and Plaxo. If anyone has any other suggestions on recruiters or job sites or anything else I have not thought of I would be happy to hear from you.

Remember to make good decisions!

Mike Wish

Job Sites

4Jobs.com

American Preferred

AmericasJobSource.com

Bakos Group

Beyond.com

Career Exposure

Career Shop

CareerBuilder

CareerJournal.com

CollegeJobBoard

EmployerIndex.com

FillThatJob

FreshJobs.com

HireAbility.com

HireNet

Horizon Career

Hot Jobs

HotResumes.com

Job Bank USA

Job.com

JobAnimal.com

JobCentral.com

JobGuru.com

Jobing

JobSearchLink.com

JobsExcite

Jobvertise

Kakoon.com

MegaJobSites.com

Monster

MyCareer.com

MyCareerSpace

NationalJobBank

Net-Temps

QuintCareers.com

Resumes2Work

SearchEase.com

SmartHunt

TalentSpider

The Talent Bank

Thingamajob.com

USJobNetwork.com

VidRez.com

4 comments:

johnmoconnor said...

Best of luck Mike ,as a former recruiter I can concur that summer is sloooow on the hiring front.

You are so right its those times with our little friends that are the best ,just spending time doing nothing in particular like watching cartoons at 11 am on a monday or feeding the ducks in the park,when we look back on our short time on this earth these will be what we remember.

Unknown said...

John thanks for the kind words. I need the positive karma!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, that's a lot of sites!

I answered you on LinkedIn...but I forgot to add the most important thing! That is, to not give up hope!

I was out of work for over a year, and though I will not lie to you...it was HARD...I managed to learn a lot and realized some things in the end:
1. the time off was a blessing in disguise - I had no idea how burned out I had become and it helped me to spend more time with my daughter and refresh before going back to the workplace
2. I needed to stop the madness with my "impulse shopping" - no funds=better choices LOL
3. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that those things have a way of working themselves out for the best ALWAYS - it may take longer than you had hoped, but good things are coming your way (I KNOW IT)

Thinking of you...
Lisa Bennett

Jason Whitman said...

Mike:

Maybe consider Indeed.com and set up some e-mail job alerts or RSS feeds? Best of luck,

Jason