Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Skype - The whole world can talk for free.

Do you Skype? I am hooked on using it. The technology has improved so much that I am using it more then my local phone. The best part about is if the person I am speaking with has Skype then I can chat with them for free. I know other IM's like AIM, Yahoo, and Google Talk offer similar services, but I have found Skype to be the easiest to use. I started using Skype at work. We began a pilot program with a few of my departments working from home. The program has been successful so far. If I want to speak with a member of the London Technical Support Team I use Skype. I have a headset microphone that plugs into the jack on my laptop. Or if I look presentable that day I plug in my webcam and use SKype to do video chat. Either mode works great. What seperates Skype from the other IM's is a feature called Skype in and Skype out. In using Skype out I can call anyone in the world and it only costs 2 cents a minute. With Skype in I have a Skype phone number that anyone can call. It includes voicemail, call fowarding,and conference calls.I think eventually I will try out the new Yahoo talk as it is similar to Skype. In the mean time i am having to much fun using Skype. I encourage all of you to give it a try. It is free to use. After you install Skype do a search for Wishnick under contacts and you can adde me to your phonebook.

Read more at skype.com/helloagain.ht...

No comments: